
From time to time, the director of my language school (Clemente Sanchez) likes to have a lunch at his house in the country for the current students. We had one last Saturday. The menu usually includes sopa de ajo (garlic soup), spanish tortilla (an egg & potato omelette, sort of) and ensalada (sliced vegies like tomato, cucumber, red pepper and carrots), all of which Clemente makes himself. It turned out to be a beautiful day, after some threatening clouds in the morning, and we had a good time together. A few of the students were unable to come, but the picture above includes two of our teachers, the director of the school and six students (3 from Germany, 1 from England, 1 from Japan and me). The teachers are the woman on the far left (Vicky) and the one on the right in the red and white shirt (Elena). Clemente is the gentleman with the crutches (he broke his leg on Christmas Eve and is still in therapy).
I thought that last Friday would be my last day of full-time language study but Clemente gave me another week as a gift. So now I have to figure out when I can use it. I am also hoping to continue through the summer with one or two days a week to go over lessons I will do at home and review some topics I'm still struggling with. I have enjoyed my time at Páramo very much and the staff has become like family. I hope to stay in touch with them into the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment