Saturday, September 04, 2010

Fiesta

This past week has been Fiesta week in Camarma. There are a lot of events that take place during the week - carnival rides for the kids, a medieval fair, bull runnings, dancing in the square and parades. (They've cancelled some of the other events because of the economic crisis, including the fireworks that normally end the fiesta.)

I wish I could say I enjoy this week, but it's actually one of my least favorite weeks of the year. Our normally quiet little town takes on a whole different persona - drunkenness, loud parties that last all night long, petty vandalism and trash everywhere. I guess it's just another reminder that these people need Jesus and I need to be praying for them and being salt and light where I can.

2 comments:

The Smalley Family said...

Ready to join you in Camarma! Lisa and I obviously need to lift up our future hometown in prayer. Thank you Pat for the post!

Jhorman Rivera said...

I am planning to go on mission to Spain, to Ceuta to be more especific. what advice would you give to me. I am from Dominican republic.