Friday, January 05, 2007

January Update

Here is the text from my January newsletter. If you would like to receive the PDF version in your Inbox, send me an email. If you don't have my email, leave a comment and I'll get back to you. Thanks.

Snowstorms

As most of you know, Colorado was hit with two very large snowstorms back-to-back. The first hit before we left for Montana and kept us inside for a couple of days but the skies had cleared by the time we were scheduled to leave. We hit a few snow-packed sections of the highway but arrived safely and on schedule. The second hit while we were in Montana so we missed that one. We had some snow in Montana and several members of the family enjoyed snowboarding, “sledding” and building snowmen in the front yard. The roads were still snow-packed and icy in spots as we drove home but we made it back safely. Thank you for your prayers!

California

I left snowy Colorado and arrived in sunny California on Wed, January 3. I will be driving from San Diego to Placerville (near Sacramento) and then back to the Los Angeles area before returning to San Diego, stopping along the way to visit friends and supporters. I am looking forward to “catching up” with old friends that I haven’t seen for awhile.

This month’s quote:

“There is a chronic temptation to reduce God to human dimensions, to express Him in manageable ideas. Human reason seeks to understand, to reduce everything to its own terms. But God is God. He is more than a superhuman being with an intellect keener than ours and a capacity for loving greater than ours. He is Unique, Uncreated, Infinite, Totally Other than we are. He surpasses and transcends all human concepts, considerations and expectations. He is beyond anything we can intellectualize or imagine. That is why God is a scandal to men and women--because He cannot be comprehended by a finite mind.”

--Brennan Manning, The Relentless Tenderness of Jesus

Praises:

  1. Safe travel to and from Montana for Christmas. We had a great time!
  2. I have two more monthly supporters and a couple of folks have increased their monthly giving. Thanks to those who responded in this way.
  3. I am in California and enjoying a couple of days of rest with friends before I start traveling throughout the state.

Prayer Requests:

  1. Continue to pray for new supporters or increased giving among current supporters. Our God is faithful.
  2. Continue to pray regarding our potential move to the Barcelona area. We are continuing to seek the Lord as we investigate the possibility of moving near the headquarters of the FIEIDE and our online school.
  3. Continue to pray for safety as I travel and meet with friends and supporters. I return to Denver on Jan. 20 and then fly to New Hampshire on Jan. 25 to spend a week there.

No comments: